Monday 20 May 2013

Here comes the bride


Hi Everyone - well we seem to be well into wedding season which I love because it gives me chance to make white on white cards one of my favourite design templates.
I have used a 7" x 5" scalloped card blank as my base here and then used the largest of the Spellbinders Decorative Rectangles as a template - when placed in a central position draw arount the inside of the die.  This line gives a stopping place when adding the faux pearls - I have made the faux pearls with Cosmic Shimmer Dries White Glue which I have dotted randomly around and up to the pencil line - I would recommend then leaving the pearls to harden overnight!
Now cut and emboss the large decorative rectangle die and using Pinflair Glue Gel for a good 3d effect and place over the original template line which should now be covered by the decorative die cut shape.
I have added my wedding sentiment onto a Spellbinders Scalloped Heart diecut shape and again using the pinflair placed it on a jaunty angle.
Cut two Memory Box Blooming Vine diecuts and run one up the right hand side and along the bottom of the rectangle draping onto the heart where appropriate.  I like to use Cosmic Shimmer Dries Clear PVA glue to stick down my fine diecut shapes as it bonds in seconds and no nasty glue stains if it seeps out from under the edges!  There are tiny flowers on the vine which look great with 3mm self adhesive pearls stuck on for added dimension.
Finally make a flower from the layersof the Spellbinders Carnation Creations die, place a pearl bead in the centre and place the bloom over the stem edges of the vines in the left hand bottom corner and voila!

I would like to enter this card in the following blog challenges:

Crafty Boots Challenge - "Celebrations"
Simply Create Too - "Anything Goes"

Really appreciate you popping by for a sneeky peek!
Sarah xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, I love white on white designs.

    Thank you for joining in the celebrations at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant! Great job! Ty for sharing with us @ Simply Create Too

    Amanda
    SCTDT
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. white on white really is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete