Thursday 9 May 2013

Oh to be under a tree reading a book ...sigh ...

Oh my, what a hectic week! - the prom preparation in full swing - All major purchases now made and I have been duly informed that there is only the eyebrow shaping, acrylic nails and the put-up-hairdo left oh and of course the obligatory make-up!
Tomorrow evening the party will be in full swing with all the youngsters strutting their stuff (well that was the term in my day .. ha ha and I think a little personal downtime may be well deserved, maybe pull out a good book like this adorable image here from Sugar Nellie.  I have had this stamp in my stash now for several years (for the life of me can't remember the name of it ...) and it is still one of my firm favourites - only need to look at it and I mellow out ....



The image has been coloured with promarkers and matted and layered it onto my Spellbinders Labels 20 dies along with some pretty free papers out of a magazine I bought lately.  I added the Memory Box Cosmo Border Die vertically and wrapped ribbon along side this. In between the border and the ribbon I have added a stamped sentiment from the Messy Rabbit stamp range.  A knot was added and I found this lovely silver filigree butterfly charm in my stash to sit on top of it.  Embellished with some card candy and pretty pearls - a quick simple card for a hectic week!

I am entering this card in my second run of blog challenges as I found the first challenge I did such a great positive experience and would like to say a big thank you to all who left such lovely comments for me!  So this week I have chosen to enter in:

Passion For Promarkers - theme "Birthdays"
Papertake weekly Challenge - theme "Anything Goes"
Crafty Boots Challenge - theme "Use a stamped Character"
LEJ Designs Challenge Blog - theme " Summers Coming"

5 comments:

  1. Really pretty card Sarah, I love the layout and the colours you have selected. Lovely stamp too.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet , what better than sitting in the sun shine and reading a book . Thank you for joining us at lej designs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi sweetie your card is gorgeous! Love that image and I'm so pleased that you are taking part in more challenges as your cards are great!
    Hugs xx Cara xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for joining in the LEJ Designs Challenge #52 'Summers Coming'...
    Great card. That image really is lovely and makes me think of sitting by a river in the summer sun. The papers are lovely as well as that ribbon and gorgeous diecut border. Stunning card that is bright and cheerful.
    I hope you will join us again for our future weekly challenges over on the LEJ Designs Challenge Blog. We always have wonderful digi images and prized to be won.

    Hugs Lisa xxxxxx LEJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete